Drugs Home > Side Effects of Rabeprazole
The most common side effect of rabeprazole is a headache. However, it is important to note that not everyone who takes this medication will experience side effects. Side effects that are less common include constipation, infection, and sore throat. If you develop any side effects while taking this drug, or if something "just doesn't seem right," tell your healthcare provider.
Rabeprazole Side Effects: An Introduction
Common Rabeprazole Side EffectsRabeprazole has been studied extensively in clinical trials, with over 1,000 people worldwide having been evaluated. In these studies, side effects are always documented.
- Headaches -- up to 9.9 percent of people
- Diarrhea -- up to 4.5 percent
- Nausea -- up to 4.5 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 3.6 percent
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain) -- up to 3.6 percent.
- Pain (the type of pain was not specified) -- up to 3 percent
- Sore throat -- up to 3 percent
- Flatulence -- up to 3 percent
- Infection -- up to 2 percent
- Constipation -- up to 2 percent.