Drugs Home > Peginesatide Dosage
General Information on Receiving PeginesatideSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with peginesatide include the following:
- Peginesatide is usually given once every four weeks. If dosage adjustments are necessary, they should not occur more often than every four weeks.
- In some situations, you may be able to give yourself peginesatide injections (under the skin, not by IV) at home. In this situation, your healthcare provider should teach you exactly how to give yourself the injections.
- You will need regular blood tests while using peginesatide to monitor the effectiveness of the medication.
- It is important that your body has sufficient levels of iron, as an iron deficiency may decrease the effectiveness of peginesatide. Your healthcare provider may recommend iron supplements in some situations.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not stop using the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dose of peginesatide, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.