Drugs Home > Ondansetron
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider before taking this medication if you have:
- Liver problems, including cirrhosis
- An arrhythmia (an irregular heart rhythm), especially long QT syndrome
- An electrolyte imbalance
- Heart disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zofran During Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Have severe or constant nausea or vomiting that is not helped by ondansetron. Also, talk with your healthcare provider if you are vomiting blood.
- Have severe vomiting and diarrhea. This combination of problems can lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances.
- Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy
- Prevention of nausea and vomiting due to radiation therapy for cancer
- Prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting that can occur after surgery.