Drugs Home > Mycophenolate Mofetil
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Lymphoma, skin cancer, or any other type of cancer
- An infection of any kind, including a viral, fungal, or bacterial infection
- Plans to receive a vaccination
- A weakened immune system due to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other cause
- An ulcer in the stomach or upper intestines (peptic ulcer) or other digestive problems
- A history of hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection
- A rare hereditary deficiency of hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRT), such as Lesch-Nyhan or Kelley-Seegmiller syndrome
- Phenylketonuria (PKU), a rare genetic disorder
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see CellCept and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see CellCept and Breastfeeding).