Drugs Home > Megestrol ES
Are There Side Effects?Just like any medicine, megestrol ES can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- An inability to get or keep an erection, also known as erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Problems with your adrenal glands, such as Cushing's syndrome, Addison's disease, or an adrenal gland tumor
- A history of a blood clot
- A history of a stroke
- Plans to have surgery
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Megace ES and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Megace ES and Breastfeeding).