Drugs Home > Ibritumomab Side Effects
A few of the most commonly reported side effects of ibritumomab include fatigue, weakness, and diarrhea. While reactions such as these are typically minor, there are some potentially serious complications that require immediate medical treatment. Seek medical attention right away if you develop fever, chest pain, difficulty breathing, or other potentially serious reactions.
An Introduction to Side Effects of IbritumomabJust like any medicine, ibritumomab (Zevalin®) may cause side effects, some of which can be significant. Although not everyone who receives this medicine will have problems, most people will experience some type of side effect with this drug.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with ibritumomab. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Ibritumomab Side EffectsSome side effects of ibritumomab are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic or infusion reaction (a reaction that happens while receiving or soon after your dose), such as:
- Fever and chills
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Chest pain
- Muscle pain
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Signs of infection, such as:
- Aches and pains
- A sore throat
- Painful urination
- Signs of anemia, such as:
- Unusual tiredness
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- Sores, peeling, or blistering of the skin or mouth
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Small reddish or purple blood spots on your skin.