Drugs Home > Granisetron Dosing
For the prevention of nausea and vomiting due to radiation, granisetron dosing typically starts at 2 mg once daily. To help prevent nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy, you can take 2 mg once daily or 1 mg twice daily. To help ensure the effectiveness of the medication, be sure to take your granisetron dosage within one hour before radiation or chemotherapy.
- Whether you are having radiation or chemotherapy
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
- Granisetron comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one hour before chemotherapy or radiation. When used for radiation, it is taken once daily, and when used for chemotherapy, it is taken once or twice a day.
- Granisetron can be taken with or without food. However, you may need to have an empty stomach for your chemotherapy or radiation. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider if you may take granisetron with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your granisetron dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.