Drugs Home > Gablofen Dosage
General Information on Receiving GablofenSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Gablofen include the following:
- This medication is given through a pump directly into the intrathecal space surrounding the spinal cord. This method is reserved for severe cases of spasticity; milder cases can be treated with oral baclofen.
- At least initially, this medication is usually given slowly at a continuous rate throughout the day. However, as time goes by, your healthcare provider may decide to put you on a more complicated pump schedule, with higher amounts given at times of the day when you typically experience more spasticity.
- Dose adjustments should typically be done gradually. A sudden need for a large increase in dosage usually indicates a problem with the pump or the tubes, rather than an actual need to change the amount of the medication.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Gablofen dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.