Drugs Home > Flunisolide Nasal Solution
- Flunisolide nasal solution comes in the form of a nasal spray. It is usually used two or three times a day.
- Blow your nose before each dose of the medication. Breathe in gently while spraying the medicine into your nose. Do not try to inhale the flunisolide nasal solution or breathe in too deeply, as the drug works when it comes into contact with the inside surfaces of the nose, not the throat or lungs.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum. Spraying flunisolide nasal solution toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds. Some people find it easiest to avoid this by holding the bottle in the opposite hand (using the right hand to spray into the left nostril, and vice versa).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Flunisolide nasal solution will not work if you stop taking it.
- How you respond to flunisolide nasal solution
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.