Drugs Home > Desonide
When and How to Take DesonideSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with desonide include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) two to three times a day (for the lotion, ointment, or cream) or twice a day (for the foam or gel).
- Apply desonide sparingly. More is not better. Only a thin film is necessary.
- It is not recommended to use a nonbreathable dressing, such as a bandage, over desonide.
- When using the lotion, be sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
- For desonide to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.