Drugs Home > Desonide Lotion Dosage
The recommended dosing guidelines for using desonide lotion are to apply a small amount of this lotion on the affected areas of the skin two to three times a day. Your specific dosage, however, will depend on the type and severity of the skin condition being treated. Contact your healthcare provider if you have not noticed an improvement in your skin condition within two weeks.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Desonide LotionThe dose of desonide lotion (DesOwen®) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending mostly on the type and severity of the skin condition you are treating. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Desonide Lotion Dosing Guidelines for Skin ConditionsFor treating itching or inflammation due to a wide variety of skin conditions (such as psoriasis, eczema, or atopic dermatitis), the standard starting dose for desonide lotion is a thin layer applied to the affected area(s) of the skin two to three times a day. Wash your hands after applying the medicine, unless you are treating your hands.
If no improvement is seen within two weeks, talk with your healthcare provider about a different treatment approach.
General Information on Using Desonide LotionSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with desonide lotion include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) two to three times a day.
- Apply the medication sparingly; only a thin film is necessary.
- It is not recommended to use a nonbreathable dressing, such as a bandage, over desonide lotion.
- Make sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your desonide lotion dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.