Drugs Home > Azelastine Ophthalmic Solution Dosage
The standard dosage of azelastine ophthalmic solution is one drop into the affected eye(s) twice a day. Dosing is the same for everyone, regardless of your age or weight. It is important to avoid contamination, so make sure not to touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
Azelastine Ophthalmic Solution Dosage: An IntroductionThere is only one standard recommended dose of azelastine ophthalmic solution (Optivar®), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dosing for Eye AllergiesThe recommended azelastine ophthalmic solution dosage for treating eye allergy symptoms in adults and children age three years old and older is one drop in each eye twice a day.
General Information on Dosing With Azelastine Ophthalmic SolutionSome considerations for people taking azelastine ophthalmic solution include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is usually used in each eye twice a day.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- Azelastine ophthalmic solution comes in single-use containers or in a multi-use bottle. Discard the single-use container immediately after use (do not save any remaining solution for later).
- If you wear contact lenses, you must remove them to use the drops. In order to prevent the lens from absorbing the medication, make sure to wait 10 minutes after using the drops before reinserting the lens. Do not wear your contact lenses if your eye is still red.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.