Simvastatin Side Effects
During clinical studies, there were a number of other side effects that occurred in less than 1 percent of people while they were taking Simvastatin. It is difficult to tell whether these side effects are actually caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these possible Simvastatin side effects include but are not limited to:
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle aches (see Zocor and Muscle Aches)
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known as rhabdomyolysis)
- Joint pain (see Zocor and Joint Pain)
- Memory loss (see Zocor and Memory Loss)
- Depression (see Zocor Side Effect-Depression)
- Allergic reaction
- Breast development in boys (gynecomastia)
- Worsening of cataracts
- Itchy skin
- Unexplained rash
- Impotence (also known as erectile dysfunction or ED)
- Increased liver enzymes (see Zocor and Liver Problems)
- Spinning sensation (vertigo).
It is possible that you may experience some or none of these Simvastatin side effects. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects. Also, notify your healthcare provider if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a Simvastatin side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.