In April 2006, generic pravastatin was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These generic versions are sold under the name Pravastatin tablets and are manufactured by a number of companies. The generic versions are available in four different strengths: 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, and 80 mg.
Pravastatin is a medication that has been licensed to treat several conditions. These pravastatin uses include:
- Treatment of high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia)
- Treatment of high triglycerides
- Prevention of heart disease and heart-related problems.
Pravastatin is sold under the brand name Pravachol®. In April of 2006, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a generic pravastatin, which is sold under the name Pravastatin tablets ("pravastatin").
Generic Pravastatin tablets are available in the following strengths:
- Pravastatin tablets 10 mg
- Pravastatin tablets 20 mg
- Pravastatin tablets 40 mg
- Pravastatin tablets 80 mg.
Generic pravastatin is manufactured by various companies, such as:
- Apotex Corporation
- Cobalt Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Watson Laboratories
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals.