Nicorette Lozenge Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects of the Nicorette Lozenge are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Mouth irritation or ulcers
- A severe sore throat
- Persistent heartburn or indigestion
- An irregular, rapid, or forcefully beating heart (heart arrhythmias or palpitations)
- Symptoms of a nicotine overdose, such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Extreme dizziness
- A rapid heartbeat
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing and swallowing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Nicorette Lozenges or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.