Drugs Home > Tri-Legest Fe
When and How to Use Tri-Legest FeGeneral considerations for when and how to use Tri-Legest Fe include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, every day, and at the same time each day.
- Each pack of Tri-Legest Fe contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take Tri-Legest Fe with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important that you take Tri-Legest Fe every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Tri-Legest Fe will not work if you stop taking it.
Who Makes Tri-Legest Fe?Tri-Legest Fe is made by Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (see Generic Estrostep Fe for more information).
Strengths of Tri-Legest FeTri-Legest Fe comes with four different groups of tablets in each pack, in the following order:
- Tablets 1 to 5 -- 1 mg of norethindrone and 0.02 mg of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Tablets 6 to 12 -- 1 mg of norethindrone and 0.03 mg of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Tablets 13 to 21 -- 1 mg of norethindrone and 0.035 mg of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Tablets 22 to 28 -- 75 mg of ferrous fumarate.