Drugs Home > Tolvaptan
- Tolvaptan comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take tolvaptan with food or on an empty stomach.
- You will need to start tolvaptan in the hospital so you can be closely monitored at the beginning of treatment.
- Try to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your blood.
- You should continue to drink fluids if you are thirsty during treatment with tolvaptan.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice while taking this medicine. Grapefruit juice can increase the amount of tolvaptan in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop and restart this medicine on your own. If you stop taking it, you will need to restart it in the hospital.
- How you respond to it
- Other medications you are taking.