Drugs Home > Precautions and Warnings With Tinzaparin
You should avoid tinzaparin if you:
- Are allergic to it, to Innohep, or to any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have active major bleeding.
- Have ever had heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT).
- Are allergic to heparin, pork products, sulfites, or benzyl alcohol.
- Are 90 years old or older.
- Have poorly functioning kidneys (this is determined by a blood test).