Drugs Home > Testosterone Buccal Tablet
- The medication is a buccal tablet that is applied to the gums above the upper incisor teeth twice a day. The incisors are the teeth just to the right and left of your two front teeth.
- Apply the tablet with the rounded side toward your gums and the flat side toward your cheek. Press down on the tablet (from outside your upper lip) for 30 seconds to help it stick.
- The tablet may stick to your gums or your cheek. Either is fine.
- Check to make sure the tablet is still in place after you brush your teeth, eat, or drink. You may find that it works best to apply the tablet after brushing your teeth in the morning and evening.
- The tablet softens but does not dissolve. You will need to remove it before applying a new one. Switch sides of the mouth every time you apply a new tablet.
- If the tablet falls off within the first eight hours, replace it with a new one. This counts as the original dose (remove it and apply your next dose at your regular time).
- If the tablet falls off after 8 hours but before 12 hours, replace it with a new one. This counts as the next dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not increase your dose or use it more frequently than prescribed without your healthcare provider's approval.