Drugs Home > Talwin Side Effects
Some side effects of Talwin are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- The urge to use more Talwin than prescribed or use it for a nonmedical purpose
- Swelling, irritation, ulcers, or sloughing of the skin at the injection site
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Dizziness or fainting
- A fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Slowed, shallow, or irregular breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling confused or disoriented
- Seeing or hearing things that are not real (hallucinations)
- Difficulty urinating
- Changes in mood or behavior, such as:
- Unusual excitement
- Numbness, burning, pricking, or other unusual sensations of the skin
- Signs of infection, such as:
- Sore throat
- A rash of any kind
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the Talwin side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Talwin or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.