Drugs Home > Simvastatin
Simvastatin is licensed to treat conditions related to heart disease, such as high cholesterol and high triglycerides. It is also used to prevent cardiovascular disease. It works by blocking an enzyme that controls the rate of cholesterol production in the body. You should not drink grapefruit juice while taking this drug, as doing so can increase your risk of developing serious muscle problems.
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Muscle pain, known medically as myalgia (see Zocor and Muscle Pain).
- Muscle aches (see Zocor and Muscle Aches)
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known as rhabdomyolysis)
- Joint pain (see Zocor and Joint Pain)
- Memory loss (see Zocor and Memory Loss)
- Depression (see Zocor Side Effect-Depression)
- Increased liver enzymes (see Zocor and Liver Problems).