Drugs Home > Precautions and Warnings of Simvastatin
Among the people who should not take simvastatin are those who are pregnant, nursing, or allergic to any ingredients in it. Warnings and precautions with simvastatin particularly apply to people with heart disease, diabetes, and hypothyroidism. Also, contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness while taking the drug, especially if you also have body aches or a fever.
- Heart disease
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- A family history of high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia)
- A history of a heart attack or stroke
- Are of Chinese descent
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Will be undergoing a procedure or surgery
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Have any allergies.