Drugs Home > Precautions and Warnings for Rosuvastatin
There are many precautions and warnings for rosuvastatin to be aware of. For example, rosuvastatin can cause an increase in liver enzymes or rhabdomyolysis (the severe breakdown of muscles) in some people. Also, if you are taking other cholesterol medications (such as fibrates or niacin) or drink alcohol frequently, you should talk with your healthcare provider before you take rosuvastatin. A few other rosuvastatin precautions and warnings include potential drug interactions and the safety of taking the drug if you are over 65 years old or are pregnant or nursing.
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Going to be undergoing a procedure or surgery
- Of Asian descent
- Drinking alcohol frequently.