Drugs Home > Propoxyphene Hydrochloride
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Suicidal tendencies
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- A bowel obstruction (blockage)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Lung disease of any sort
- A head injury or high intracranial pressure
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Darvon and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Darvon and Breastfeeding).
Dosing Information for Propoxyphene HydrochlorideThe dose of propoxyphene hydrochloride that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to propoxyphene hydrochloride
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.