Drugs Home > Precautions and Warnings With Propoxyphene Hydrochloride
Prior to starting pain treatment with propoxyphene hydrochloride, it is important to understand that this medication can have negative effects, such as causing low blood pressure, irregular breathing, and drowsiness. Other precautions and warnings with propoxyphene hydrochloride involve the dangers of overdosing on this drug and the risks of using it while pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?
- Suicidal tendencies
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- A bowel obstruction (blockage)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Lung disease of any sort
- A head injury or high intracranial pressure
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant