Drugs Home > Phenergan Uses
Year-round or seasonal allergies, hives, and other types of allergies can be treated with Phenergan. It can also be used to cause sedation and to treat or prevent motion sickness and nausea and vomiting. Healthcare providers may occasionally recommend off-label Phenergan uses as well, such as for treating morning sickness and coughs.
- Treating the following conditions:
- Perennial (year-round) or seasonal allergies
- Nonallergic nasal symptoms due to irritants
- "Allergy eyes" (allergic conjunctivitis)
- Allergic reactions to blood or plasma transfusions
- Severe, anaphylactic allergic reactions (when used with other medications)
- Treating or preventing nausea and vomiting related to surgery and general anesthesia (see Phenergan for Nausea)
- Treating or preventing motion sickness
- Causing sedation in the following situations:
- Before or after surgery
- During labor
- In situations when mild anxiety relief and light sleep is desired.