Drugs Home > Phenergan Overdose
As with any medication, it is possible to take too much Phenergan (promethazine). An overdose may cause symptoms such as overactive reflexes and muscle tone, extreme drowsiness, dilated pupils, or unconsciousness. Treatment for an overdose with Phenergan will vary, but may involve supportive care or administering activated charcoal to help absorb the drug in the digestive tract.
- Extreme drowsiness
- Low blood pressure
- Decreased breathing
- Overactive reflexes and muscle tone
- Hyperactivity (especially in children and elderly individuals)
- Dry mouth
- Dilated pupils
- Sudden death.
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV), if necessary
- Careful monitoring of the vital signs
- Medications (such as diphenhydramine) to treat some of the symptoms of the overdose
- Other treatments based on any complications that occur.