Drugs Home > Pantoprazole Drug Interactions
In the case of pantoprazole, drug interactions can occur with medications such as ketoconazole and ampicillin esters. Other potential drug interactions with pantoprazole may involve warfarin. Iron salts also have the potential to interact with pantoprazole.
- Atazanavir (Reyataz®)
- Clopidogrel (Plavix®)
- Digoxin (Digitek®, Lanoxin®)
- Certain diuretics, such as:
- Iron salts
- Ampicillin esters (bacampicillin, pivampicillin)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral®)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex®, Trexall®)
- Warfarin (Coumadin®, Jantoven®).
Taking atazanavir with medications like pantoprazole can significantly decrease the level of atazanavir in your blood, perhaps making it less effective. It is not recommended to take these medications together.