Drugs Home > Oxycodone ER Dosage
Oxycodone ER tablets are available in the following strengths:
- Oxycodone ER 10 mg
- Oxycodone ER 15 mg
- Oxycodone ER 20 mg
- Oxycodone ER 30 mg
- Oxycodone ER 40 mg
- Oxycodone ER 60 mg
- Oxycodone ER 80 mg
- Oxycodone ER 160 mg.
Considerations for people taking oxycodone ER include the following:
- Oxycodone ER comes in the form of extended-release tablets. It is usually taken twice a day.
- When taking oxycodone ER by mouth, it is probably best to take it with food, as it can be upsetting to the stomach.
- High-fat meals may increase the level of oxycodone ER in the bloodstream. This is probably not a problem except for people taking the highest strength (160 mg tablets). If you take the 160 mg tablets, talk with your healthcare provider about any dietary precautions that may be necessary.
- Breaking, dissolving, or crushing oxycodone ER tablets can be very dangerous, as this will cause too much of the medication to be released too quickly.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dosage without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking oxycodone ER, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks (see OxyContin Withdrawal).
- If you are unsure about anything related to your oxycodone ER dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.