Drugs Home > Olopatadine Ophthalmic Solution
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to consider when using olopatadine ophthalmic solution include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eyedrop. It is used either once a day (for Pataday) or twice a day (for Patanol).
- It does not matter what time of day you use olopatadine ophthalmic solution, but it is best to use it at the same time each day.
- If you wear contact lenses, you must remove them to use the drops. In order to prevent the lens from absorbing some of the ingredients in the medication, make sure to wait at least 10 minutes after using olopatadine ophthalmic solution before reinserting the lens. Do not wear your contact lenses if your eye is red.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- For olopatadine ophthalmic solution to work properly, it must be taken as directed.