Drugs Home > Nicorette Lozenge Alternatives
If you are finding it difficult to stop smoking with the Nicorette Lozenge (nicotine lozenge), alternatives are available. For example, you may benefit from other nicotine replacement medications or certain prescription medications. There are also a variety of nonmedication treatment options, such as counseling, which can help people stop smoking and may also be beneficial when used in combination with a smoking-cessation medicine.
An Overview of Nicorette Lozenge AlternativesThe Nicorette® Lozenge (nicotine lozenge) is a nonprescription nicotine replacement medication used to help people stop smoking (this is known as smoking cessation). It does this by helping to reduce the uncomfortable symptoms of nicotine withdrawal.
- Other nicotine replacement products
- Certain prescription medication
- Nonmedication treatment.
- Nicotine patch (Nicoderm® CQ®, Habitrol®), available OTC
- Nicotine gum (Nicorette® Gum), available OTC
- Nicotine inhaler (Nicotrol® Inhaler), available with a prescription
- Nicotine nasal spray (Nicotrol® NS), available with a prescription.