- Heart disease
- A recent history of heart attack
- Unstable angina (a certain type of chest pain)
- Liver disease, liver failure, or a history of liver disease
- Been told you have increased liver enzymes
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- A history of stomach ulcers or intestinal ulcers
- Any bleeding problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Planning on undergoing a procedure or surgery
- A frequent alcohol drinker.
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all of the other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Finally, make sure to contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience any muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness (especially if it is accompanied by body aches or a fever).