Drugs Home > Naltrexone
- This medication comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Try to take your naltrexone dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your bloodstream.
- You should not take naltrexone if you have taken opioid medications in the previous 7 to 10 days.
- You can take naltrexone with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- You should carry a medical ID card or wear a medical bracelet indicating you take naltrexone. It is very important that healthcare providers who treat you, including emergency providers, know you are taking this drug.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not take more of it or stop taking it without your healthcare provider's approval.
- Why you are taking naltrexone
- How you respond to it
- Whether you will be taking the medication on your own or if someone else will be giving it to you.