Drugs Home > Precautions and Warnings With Muromonab-CD3
People receiving muromonab-CD3 may have an increased risk for developing nervous system problems, infections, and specific types of cancer. People who have certain allergies or are taking certain medications may not be able to receive this drug. Safety warnings and precautions with muromonab-CD3 also apply to those who have certain medical conditions, such as heart disease, a history of seizures, or blood vessel problems.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Receiving Muromonab-CD3?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving muromonab-CD3 (Orthoclone OKT®3) if you have:
- Heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chest pain (angina)
- Had a recent, sudden weight gain
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Lung disease
- A history of seizures
- Nervous system problems
- A history of a heart attack, stroke, or head trauma
- An infection of any kind
- A fever
- Blood vessel problems, including circulation problems or a history of blood clots
- Lymphoma, skin cancer, or any other type of cancer
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Orthoclone OKT3 and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Orthoclone OKT3 and Breastfeeding).
You should also tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.