Drugs Home > Levocetirizine
When and How to Take LevocetirizineGeneral considerations to keep in mind during treatment with levocetirizine include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet and liquid form. It is usually taken once a day in the evening.
- You can take levocetirizine with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- If necessary, levocetirizine tablets may be broken in half.
- Try to take levocetirizine at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- Some people may need to take this product all year long, while others take it only during allergy season.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Levocetirizine will not work if you stop taking it.
Who Makes Levocetirizine?Brand-name levocetirizine is made jointly by UCB, Inc., and sanofi-aventis.
- Levocetirizine 5 mg tablets (which may be broken in half to achieve a lower dose of 2.5 mg)
- Levocetirizine oral solution (liquid), which contains 0.5 mg of levocetirizine per mL (equivalent to 2.5 mg per teaspoonful).
Is There a Generic Version of Levocetirizine?
This medication is available in generic form (see Generic Xyzal).