Drugs Home > Lenalidomide
When and How to Take This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with lenalidomide include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You should take your lenalidomide dose with a large glass of water, with or without food. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Lenalidomide capsules should be swallowed whole; do not open, break, or chew them.
- Try to take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine without first talking to your healthcare provider.
Dosing Information for LenalidomideThe dose of lenalidomide your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The reason you are taking the medication
- How you respond to the medication
- How well your kidneys work.