Drugs Home > Lansoprazole
- The medication comes in a capsule or an orally disintegrating tablet that should be taken before eating.
- Your dosage should not be split, chewed, or crushed.
- If you have trouble swallowing the capsule, you may open a capsule onto a small amount of applesauce, orange juice, or tomato juice. Mix briefly and swallow immediately.
- The orally disintegrating tablets (SoluTabs) can be dissolved on the tongue (not chewed) or may be dissolved in a small amount of water (ask your healthcare provider for more information about doing this). It is not recommended that the SoluTabs be broken or cut to make a smaller dosage.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your system.
- For lansoprazole to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.