Drugs Home > Junel Fe
When and How to Use ItGeneral considerations for when and how to use Junel Fe include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- It is important to take Junel Fe every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Each pack of Junel Fe contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. After you finish one pack, start a new one the next day, without letting any days pass in between packs. You will probably start your period during the last week of the pack, but make sure to start the next pack on schedule, no matter when your period starts.
- You can take Junel Fe with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Junel Fe will not work if you stop taking it.
- Junel Fe 1/20 -- Contains 28 tablets in each pack, with the following ingredients:
- First 21 tablets -- 1 mg of norethindrone and 0.02 mg (20 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol
- Last 7 tablets -- 75 mg ferrous fumarate (iron)
- Junel Fe 1.5/30 -- Contains 28 tablets in each pack, with the following ingredients:
- First 21 tablets -- 1.5 mg of norethindrone and 0.03 mg (30 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol
- Last 7 tablets -- 75 mg of ferrous fumarate (iron).