Drugs Home > Ivacaftor
When and How to Take This MedicineSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with ivacaftor include the following:
- Ivacaftor comes in tablet form. Depending on a number of factors, it is taken by mouth once a day, twice a day, or twice a week.
- For people taking this medication twice daily, take the doses about 12 hours apart. For those taking it once a day, make sure to take it at the same time each day.
- Make sure to take ivacaftor with a high-fat meal. This should not be a problem for most people, as a high-fat diet is usually recommended for people with cystic fibrosis. This helps increase the absorption of the drug.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing Information for IvacaftorThe dose of ivacaftor your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Your liver function
- Other medications you are taking.