Drugs Home > Granisetron
- The medicine comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one hour before chemotherapy or radiation. When used for radiation, it is taken once daily, and when used for chemotherapy, it is taken once or twice a day.
- It can be taken with or without food. However, you may need to have an empty stomach for your chemotherapy or radiation. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider if you may take granisetron with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- Whether you are having radiation or chemotherapy
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.