Drugs Home > Fluvastatin
Fluvastatin is a medication commonly used for the treatment of high cholesterol and high triglycerides. For people with heart disease, it can also decrease the chances of requiring a heart procedure (such as angioplasty or open heart surgery) and reduce the rate of cholesterol buildup on the arteries. The drug works by blocking a particular enzyme that controls the rate of cholesterol production in the body.
Possible Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects can occur with fluvastatin, but not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or a healthcare professional.
- Muscle pain (see Lescol and Muscle Pain)
- Joint pain (see Lescol and Joint Pain)
- Increased liver enzymes (see Lescol and Liver Problems).
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known as rhabdomyolysis)
- Memory loss (see Lescol and Memory Loss)
- Depression (see Lescol and Depression).