Drugs Home > Fluvastatin
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Prior to taking fluvastatin, talk with your healthcare provider if you have:
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant (see Lescol and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Lescol and Breastfeeding)
- Will be undergoing a procedure or surgery
- Drink alcohol frequently.
- Increases the liver's ability to collect and get rid of LDL cholesterol ("bad cholesterol")
- Increases HDL cholesterol ("good cholesterol")
- Decreases triglycerides.