Drugs Home > Fluticasone Furoate
- Fluticasone furoate comes in nasal spray form. It is usually taken once a day.
- Be sure to shake your fluticasone furoate bottle well before each use.
- Blow your nose before each fluticasone furoate dose. Breathe in gently while spraying it into your nose. Do not try to inhale the spray or breathe in too deeply, as the drug works when it comes in contact with the inside surfaces of the nose (not the throat or lungs).
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying fluticasone furoate toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds. Some people find it easiest to avoid this by holding the bottle in the opposite hand (by using the right hand to spray into the left nostril, and vice versa).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.