Drugs Home > Fluconazole Side Effects
Common Fluconazole Side Effects
Fluconazole has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of people taking fluconazole were documented and compared to side effects that occurred in a similar group of people taking a different antifungal medication. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compared to the group taking a different medication.
In these studies, the most common side effects seen with fluconazole included:
- Headache -- in up to 13 percent of people
- Nausea -- up to 7 percent
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain) -- up to 6 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 3 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 1.7 percent
- Indigestion or heartburn -- up to 1 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 1 percent
- Taste changes -- up to 1 percent.
You may experience some or none of the side effects with fluconazole listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any negative reactions while taking fluconazole or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of the medicine, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.