Drugs Home > Side Effects of Fexofenadine
Most people do not experience fexofenadine side effects. If side effects do occur, they are usually minor. Some of the most common side effects of this medication are headache, cough, and respiratory tract infection. Rare side effects, such as sleep problems, allergic reaction, and rash, are also possible.
An Introduction to Fexofenadine Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with fexofenadine (Allegra®); however, not everyone who takes this medication will have side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. When people do develop side effects, in most cases they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
Common Side Effects of Fexofenadine
- Vomiting -- in up to 12 percent of people
- Headache -- up to 10.3 percent (see Allegra and Migraines)
- Coughing -- up to 3.8 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 3.7 percent
- Respiratory tract infection, such as the common cold or flu -- up to 2.9 percent
- Drowsiness or fatigue -- up to 2.8 percent
- Back pain -- up to 2.5 percent (see Allegra and Back Pain)
- Middle ear infection (otitis media) -- up to 2.4 percent
- Fever -- up to 2.4 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 2.1 percent
- Indigestion -- up to 2.1 percent
- Arm or leg pain -- up to 2.1 percent.