Drugs Home > Etoposide
Are There Side Effects?Just like any medicine, etoposide can cause side effects. Like other chemotherapy medicines, the side effects can be significant. Most people will experience at least one etoposide side effect during treatment, and, for some people, the side effects may limit the amount of etoposide they can receive. Talk to your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or manage potential reactions from this medication.
- Decreased blood cell counts
- Hair loss
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- An infection of any kind
- Anemia (low red blood cells)
- Been told you have low albumin levels (hypoalbuminemia)
- Bone marrow problems
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Etoposide and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Etoposide and Breastfeeding).