Drugs Home > Dextromethorphan and Quinidine
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to taking dextromethorphan and quinidine if you have:
- Heart failure or coronary artery disease
- A history of an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Heart rhythm problems, including QT prolongation or atrioventricular (AV) block
- A family history of heart problems
- High blood pressure, not controlled on medication
- A history of a stroke
- Myasthenia gravis, a condition that affects the muscles and nerves
- Alzheimer's disease
- Difficulty urinating (urinary retention)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Nuedexta and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Nuedexta and Breastfeeding).