Drugs Home > Dextromethorphan and Quinidine Dosage
Regardless of your age or weight, the dosage of dextromethorphan and quinidine is the same for everyone. For the first seven days of treatment, the standard dosage is one capsule of this drug taken once daily. On day eight and thereafter, two capsules are taken daily, with about 12 hours between doses.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Dextromethorphan and QuinidineThere is only one standard dose for dextromethorphan and quinidine (Nuedexta™), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Dextromethorphan and Quinidine Dosing for Pseudobulbar AffectThe standard initial dosage for treating pseudobulbar affect (PBA) is one capsule (20 mg/10 mg) taken once daily for seven days. On day eight, the dose is usually increased to one capsule (20 mg/10 mg) taken twice a day, with about 12 hours between doses.
General Information on Taking Dextromethorphan and QuinidineSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with dextromethorphan and quinidine include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once or twice a day.
- Dextromethorphan and quinidine can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Try to take your doses at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your bloodstream.
- Your healthcare provider may periodically try to take you off this medication. This is because pseudobulbar affect sometimes improves on its own, and you may no longer need the medication.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dextromethorphan and quinidine dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.