Drugs Home > Desonide Lotion
What If I Forget a Dose of Desonide Lotion?If you forget a dose, apply it as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for the next dose. In this case, simply skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not use a double dose.
How Does It Work?Desonide lotion is part of a group of medications known as glucocorticoids, which are a type of corticosteroid (or "steroid" for short). Although glucocorticoids have numerous effects in the body, they are used mostly for their anti-inflammatory or immune-suppressing properties. Desonide lotion works for most conditions by decreasing inflammation or suppressing an overactive immune system.
When and How to Use This MedicineSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with desonide lotion include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) of the skin two to three times a day.
- Apply the medication sparingly; only a thin film is necessary.
- It is not recommended to use a nonbreathable dressing, such as a bandage, over desonide lotion.
- Make sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.