Drugs Home > Dosing With Desloratadine and Pseudoephedrine
Common dosing with desloratadine and pseudoephedrine is one tablet daily for adults and children over age 12. Two tablets daily may be prescribed if the 12-hour formula is given. People who have kidney disease may be advised to take the 24-hour dose every other day. Specific dosing with desloratadine and pseudoephedrine will depend on the condition being treated and any medications you currently take.
Dosing With Desloratadine and Pseudoephedrine: An IntroductionThe dose of desloratadine and pseudoephedrine (Clarinex-D®) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dosing With Desloratadine and Pseudoephedrine for Seasonal AllergiesFor adults and children over age 12, the 12-hour dose of desloratadine and pseudoephedrine is one tablet, twice a day, taken 12 hours apart. For adults and children over age 12, the 24-hour dose is one tablet, once a day.
For people with kidney disease, your healthcare provider may recommend starting at the 24-hour dose every other day. The 12-hour dose should be avoided in people with kidney disease.
General Desloratadine and Pseudoephedrine Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking desloratadine and pseudoephedrine include:
- Desloratadine and pseudoephedrine comes in a tablet. You should take your dose with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not break, chew, or crush the desloratadine and pseudoephedrine tablets.
- Desloratadine and pseudoephedrine should be taken at the same time each day to help maintain an even level in the blood. Do not take it more often than directed.
- For desloratadine and pseudoephedrine to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you forget to take a dose of desloratadine and pseudoephedrine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your normal dosing schedule. Never double your dose of desloratadine and pseudoephedrine at one time.
- If you are unsure about anything related to desloratadine and pseudoephedrine, including your dose, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking desloratadine and pseudoephedrine without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.